FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Talk me in/out of this: transpacific J Class on AA over others
Old May 20, 2017, 4:13 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Maybe search for the discussion about AA's issues getting LAX-HKG and HKG-LAX flights out on time. tom911 had some interesting experiences. Seems AA had some issues with 77W maintenance and availabilty, though the HKG-LAX-HKG flights I've flown around that same time seemed fine. I flew CX J in Nov and found it similar to AA's product. Service might be a little better on CX but YRMV there too. As far as food goes, go to the Wing in HKG or QF lounge at LAX and eat before the flight. The Haven is one of the best in the FC side, but the other side's pretty good as well. JL is pretty good if you get the right aircraft, though maybe they have UPG'd their fleet since I was last on them.

Can't speak to DL or BR, but saving money on flights is usually the best alternative since they all seem the same. Well, as long as you don't have to fly a substandard Russian or Chinese carrier.