FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old May 20, 2017, 3:51 am
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
IC SYDNEY

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Overall, yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a King Harbor Bridge View Room and upgraded to a King Harbor Bridge View Suite. As a RA, I've had much better upgrades in the past, although the new policy seems to work on this particular property.

How are the rooms?
The suite was on the 22nd of 31 floors. While it had a view, it was obstructed by a building which is just east of the hotel. It was a small, one bedroom suite with a nice sitting area and desk. The bed was comfortable and the shower/tub were roomy.

How is the exec. lounge?
The place was packed every day I was there - breakfast and dinner. The view is stunning and is one of the best in the IHG system. Service was friendly, although a bit slow due to the number of guests in the lounge. They obviously upsell the lounge, and serving RA's is clearly not their priority. The lounge opens after evening happy hour and is a Supper Club open to the public until 1am. Breakfast was a selection of cooked to order eggs or a buffet. Evening canapés were ordered and were usually starchy fillers. The oysters each night were delicious!
Did you receive a welcome gift?

How was the minibar?
Didn't use.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Great gym for a hotel. All the modern amenities for a good workout.
View in Club Lounge.
Easy airport access via the train to Circular Quay

-Bad
Nothing major.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Good, although I'm not sure they honor RA benefits on points.

Would you return?
Yes, for an IC the location can't be beat.