FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Realistic improvements you want from WoH
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2017, 5:43 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by antonius66
Wow. I guess all people on here can do is grouse with no actual discussion of what they want. I guess everyone just hates everything and wants to complain without suggesting improvements. The idea that nothing can be changed is idiotic. Just because woh won't go away doesn't mean they won't or can't change anything. I mean, woh was a massive change by itself.
Ok, here we go:

Realistic levels for elite tiers. 55/60 is plain ridiculous. If you want to have a top level that high, fine, but ...

- make it have tangible measurable benefits that are better than Diamond of GP.

- have intermediate levels that provide meaningful benefits. Look at the feedback the Explorist level has received. I don't anyone is aspiring to be an Explorist at the cost of 30 nights. And let's not even talk about Discoverist.

- make the credit card more "useful". I have zero desire right now to keep it in my wallet (I wouldn't even use it at a Hyatt property because my CSR gives me more flexible points). Offer the option to earn night credits through spend to compensate for your lack of properties in many areas. I am never going to put $50k on the card to earn Explorist, but I might be willing to designate some of my spend towards topping off my nights earned towards a status level. (I realize this is not going to be well received outside the US due to the lack of WoH credit cards there)

(I agree with several of the OP suggestions, too)

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 19, 2017 at 6:08 pm Reason: Typo