FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old May 18, 2017, 6:37 pm
wolf72
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
While generally I agree when you look at the fact it seems to be low occupancy quite a bit and its rates have come down it appears it needs to do something to attract more guests. SPG members have good choices in KL and combine that with MO has Club Rooms and lounge at reasonable rates and SL has Horizon Club it seems these high end hotels see a demand for drinks etc.

I just don't see a great case for staying at St. Regis KL compared to other options SPG or 'high end' others will disagree but each to their own!

I think the big problem with wanting to stay at the St Regis is...WHY stay there when it is not within the actual golden triangle of downtown Kuala Lumpur.

St.Regis is over at KL Sentral first of all. Not near Bukit Bintang which is the heart of downtown KL...unlike the Shangri-La, JW Marriot or even Grand Hyatt which is next to KLCC and a short 10 minute taxi ride or a 15 minute walk across via the walkway bridge they have built for people.

And those hotels are at least 10%-15% cheaper than what St.Regis is asking for on a per night basis.

I made my thoughts known...and I stay consistent with it. St.Regis is over charging for it's location and it's brand in KL. And the numbers at the end of the day as far as occupation % per week will justify my comments.

They should be looking to be on par with Hyatt and Shangri-La and realize, being at KL Sentral and not being able to actually walk to KL Sentral within 5-10 minutes is actually a disadvantage for them...unlike Hilton and Le Meridian which are essentially connected to KL Sentral and can justify the rates they charge for their 4 star accomodations.