FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uniformed Crew Bumping CPU List, Sitting in F
Old May 18, 2017, 5:50 pm
N104UA

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 5khours
Just my $0.02 and I realize that there may be mitigating circumstances, but if I were running an airline (or any business) I couldn't imagine putting an employee ahead of a customer. From the perspective of a passenger I don't really mind, but from the perspective of a business owner I would be furious if my employees had the mentality that they thought it was OK for employees to sit in first class.
If UA has to deadhead a pilot or FA somewhere to work another flight bumping one pax is a small ask vs canceling a flight with 50-374 people on it.

I also wonder if UA is being overly sensitive with the Dao situation, if Y is full and F has seats it might be easier to put them in F if there is a seat available vs having "we were traveling for our honeymoon and UA upgraded me but my wife wasn't upgraded and after they refused to upgrade her they made her sit next to a pilot the whole flight in MY seat"

Originally Posted by Kacee
Assuming these were NRPS, my question would be whether there was compliance with the new 60 minute crew booking requirement. The fact these crewmembers were not on the upgrade list at T-30 suggests noncompliance.

If OP provides flight details, we can get more info about what actually happened.
UA says they won't book onto an oversold flight within 1 hour of departure, if Y is 100% (not oversold) and F has 2 seats they are not breaking the rule

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 18, 2017 at 10:10 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote