FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Review Thread - Air India
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2017, 1:48 pm
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
This pretty much describes my own trip last month (mentioned a few posts above this one) except I didn't think to wipe down any part of the seat or divider with my hot towel and I am glad I didn't. First meal was a couple pieces of funny-tasting chicken, that's it. I was shaken awake for breakfast in the middle of the flight. Alcohol cart was brought out only for the third meal, and I would think most people wouldn't want to be buzzed just before landing in the morning. Flight map did not work correctly.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The TPG guys was also mighty pissd for some reason. My guess is he had a grudge for not snagging a UA flight with his UA miles
Yeah, TPG didn't quite mince words like SeeBuyFly did I think your conclusion redeemed the experience in general.

On another note, anyone have experience regarding booking AI non-stops with UA miles, like this TPG writer did?

From the TPG review:

"Booking this award wasn’t as simple as transferring points and selecting Air India on United’s site though. For whatever reason, I wasn’t able to see availability on this flight on United or Aeroplan’s websites, but a United supervisor was able to confirm space after working at it for 30 minutes or so."

I have been checking availability on UA's site but the nonstop DEL-JFK on AI doesn't show up at all for the many different dates I have tried.

Last edited by knit-in; May 18, 2017 at 1:53 pm