FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Stay at Amanera
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by nmuva98
Excellent review!

Thanks much for posting. Amanera is definitely high on my to-do list
Thank you very much. It had been on my to do list since they opened and I'm glad that I made it

Originally Posted by KatW
Nice photos.
Thanks

Originally Posted by LM225
Wow, you got this one up fast. Thanks for the detailed review and all the pics, glad you had a great time.

Both the breakfast shots and the views make me want to go...
Yeah usually I procrastinate for a while but I got in a groove last night and started writing.. however, as you can probably tell I kind of pooped out in the end. I mean look at that overall... that's the mark of someone who just wanted to be done.. I'll probably come up with some more thoughts in the next couple of days though....

Favorite part of my day was eating breakfast on our patio every day and finishing my last cup of coffee in the pool.. we spent a lot of time in there.. forgot to mention but we did use the Bowers and Wilkins bluetooth speaker they had in the rom a lot...

Originally Posted by DSI
Thank you very much, and it looks like a great place. Where's the upload of you dancing, though?
We had a great time... no such upload exists because thankfully the alcohol prices prohibited me from achieving such state..

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Great photos . Is there a " lobby" arrival area ?
The place looked deserted , were you the only guests ?
����
There's a portico for arrival next to the front office which is staffed 24 hours a day.. I'll try to find a picture of it..

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Great review - seems like they're definitely doing something right over there!
Also curious about occupancy - it seems eerily empty / quiet.
I did try to just take pictures when nobody else was around but yes it is indeed quiet.. I think it's a bit of a shoulder season.. while we were there they had 7/25 villas occupied... though the week later they were 100% full I think.. I very much love the low occupancy as I tend to hate people for the most part... Sorry DSI, you'd probably hate it... i think the busiest the beach ever got was a total of 4 couples...

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
indeed, greatly appreciated. i think its the first full report here.
thanks!

Originally Posted by aa213bb
YES!!! I've been waiting for this, as we're considering going in a couple weeks. This all but confirms we will.

A big and hearty "THANK YOU", Flying!
Glad to be of help. hope you guys have fun...

One thing I think I didn't really make clear was how rough the ocean was; and I think that this was really not the roughest season.. we only went in twice... definitely not a great place for water sports (and I don't think the surfing is that good because the break isn't very long)... the beach is just for sitting... for this reason I think our next trip would be Amanyara before, just because we loved; absolutely loved the beach and ocean... so calm and relaxing...

Another thing is weather- prior to leaving the forecast was awful- rain and thuderstorms every day. Thankfully our days were for the most part clear (though you can see the clouds in some of the pictures). we did have a really spectacular storm one night though.

Also after checkin they asked if we needed anything and I mentioned that we liked tea- they send us quite a spectacular amount of tea and a kettle very quickly...

I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff...

FDW