FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber Fare Pricing estimate was 50% different
Old May 18, 2017, 12:47 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by prncess674
This may sound petty but I had a recent trip where the UberX rate quoted was $9 but when at the destination the fare came to $13. I know it is only $4 but that is almost a 50% difference. I contacted them and got a canned response. There was no heavy traffic, no extra stops and I entered the accurate destination. Anyone else have this happen to them?

When you select your vehicle option, the price displayed in the app at the beginning of the trip is the fare you'll be charged for the ride. These fares are calculated dynamically, based on your pickup and drop off locations. Please note that your upfront fare price will include any higher rates that come into effect when demand is high.

I can confirm that you were correctly charged the amount shown when the ride was requested, so you should be all set.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and feel free to reach out any time in the future.

Is there a "Wait time" on your receipt? If not, I woudl expect the trip fare to match what was quoted.