FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-enter [HKG] after cancelling airline ticket with single entry visa
Old May 14, 2017, 5:35 pm
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
So basically, when someone passed the immigration, entered airside restricted area, without actually departing the country, and when he comes back in, he will be considered as second entry? or previous exit revoked?

I ask the question because I want to understand the process and logic behind this and I guess it doesn't matter how stupid this idea was.

So what if someone missed the last flight of the day? at an international airport that doesn't open 24 hours. Going back landside seems the only option?

What actually happens here is that I need to give one of my passport to my colleague for some work to be done in China, and I need that passport to exit Australia. The person collecting it is actually in Shenzhen. It is not easy to use a courier to send it as I actually need my passport most of the time and pick it up in person and return it to me in person will be the best way to do it. And she need to travel from Shenzhen to HKG airport airside to pick it up and at the moment she's only got a single entry permit. We want to work out a best way to do it and that's why I asked this simply question here. We have already booked her an Y ticket to Guangzhou (CAN), worst case would be she actually take the flight and get back to Shenzhen from CAN, however that flight leaves at 8pm and by the time she got back to Shenzhen will be the next day, which we want to avoid. She could also use the ferry service if she can't get back into HK. However, we want to know what to do beforehand so we wouldn't be telling her: try this, if not working, then try that....