FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada to Launch Its Own Loyalty Program in 2020
Old May 13, 2017, 5:44 pm
Wpgjetse
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by ridefar
Not much of a guess is it?

AE points will be good for market fare on AC, and not at all for *A, after June 2020. Where is the guess there?

No points will transfer. No guessing there either.

We will all start from zero as of July 1, 2020. Still not guessing.

Given that market fares are often 10x as expensive as fixed rate redemption, my estimation of a 50% devaluation is generous. Even more so given that *A is not going to be available. But that is a subjective value to some, so I didn't get too wound up on that one. (To me, it is critical, I rarely redeem for Canadian or NA travel. But that is just me.)

So... not sure where the guesses are.

Let's say I have 1,000,000 AE points as of July 1st, 2020. Do you really think AC will incent or bonus me anything close to that? Of course not. That is a guess, but a pretty educated one.

That is why I am surprised by the relatively low key reaction here. We don't need to guess. AC has actually said: nothing transfers, no *A redemptions, etc. It doesn't make any sense, it means there loyalty program has little to no value in 2019, and completely torches a ton of revenue and good will. Which is why I don't really take them at face value on this one. But if you do think they are being honest, there is not much guess work either.
"Not much of a guess is it" ???? This is a total guess. You have know idea what AC is planning. The key to this is , use your miles.