FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2017 thread
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2017, 3:36 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I generated my own DYKWIA moment yesterday morning...

Just before priority boarding begins for the early morning LHR-EDI flight, an announcement is made that it is a completely full flight and that no one will be allowed more than one piece of hand luggage, those that have more and those that don't need their luggage on board are requested to come forward to have it stowed in the hold. People start to come forward and ten minutes is spent dealing with this. Then these clearly non-priority passengers begin to self-board.

Priority boarding is called a few minutes later and I try and disguise my roller case and weekend bag atop it. Agent is having none of that.

GA: "Completely full flight sir, I'm not going to let you have both of those in the cabin. We'll be putting the suitcase in the hold."

Me: <astonished> "A gold card holder in Club can't bring two bags on board, since when?"

GA: "Full flight, one bag only. Rules." He tags it and send me off with "Go down the jetty, there will be someone standing near a blue dot who will take that for you."

Me: <passive aggressive under breath rumblings about last ever BA flight>

I stand at the junction point inside the jetty. There is no one there. I wait about a minute, other passengers are filing by me. No one shows up. The hell with this I think, and board.

Tear off the tag and place both bags in the space above 1A. Sit down in 1A. CSD hangs up my coat. CE is eventually 10/16 with minimal hand luggage. No one at all in 1D/F and woman next to me has tiny purse.

Shame on me.