FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2017, 1:21 am
florens

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
So I contacted BAEC about the rubbish afternoon tea onboard BA716 as posted upthread and got the following unsurprising standardized answer within 3 days (my bolding):

Dear Mr xxxx

Thanks for your recent email. You’re clearly unhappy with the quality of our food on your flight from London Heathrow to Zurich on 08 May. We know how important our meal service is to our customers, especially travelling in our Club Europe cabin.
We choose our catering partners carefully and we set very high standards for food preparation. Our suppliers must have strict processes in place to ensure these standards are met. Our menus are also refreshed regularly and we include dishes that our customers tell us they enjoy.

We use Umami rich ingredients in our meals, as this improves the flavour of our food when in the air. All our meals are freshly prepared using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients wherever possible. We normally get very good feedback about our catering, so I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m sorry you feel let down.

The Catering team constantly review our menus and catering proposition and work hard to ensure that our customers enjoy their on board dining experience. They monitor and utilise customer feedback which allows them to design meal choices around current trends. I'll of course forward your comments to our catering team.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us. We value your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I hope we can welcome you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.