FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kansas City woman says she was forced to urinate in a cup on United flight
Old May 11, 2017, 7:21 am
fly18725

Originally Posted by Catbert10
I can't believe that some posters think it's OK to be asked to pee in a cup in a crowded, public place. Urinating may be natural and part of the human condition, but what would people think if I just whipped it out and urinated on the side of a building? Seriously, people. How would you like to be sitting next to someone squatting in their seat and filling up a cup? How do you think the woman felt, urinating in public?

I see people getting up to use the restroom when the seat belt light is on. All. The. Time. Heck, FAs use the lav when the seat belt light is on during descent on nearlt every flight. 99% of the time the FA is human and understands that if ya got to go, ya got to go.
I think the real issue is a dispute about when this happened. If it was during he service, as the passenger claimed, the crew should have been more accommodating. There's lavs at the front and back, so carts should not be an issue. If this occurred during decent as claimed by the FA, I have less sympathy for the passenger as using the lav is not safe for anyone.