Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Kansas City woman says she was forced to urinate in a cup on United flight

Old May 10, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

United can't seem to catch a break, more bad publicity....

http://www.sfgate.com/business/artic...e-11134397.php
Old May 10, 2017, 11:28 am

It sounds like she wanted to use the lav after landing but before the aircraft was parked at the gate.

If the airplane was on a taxiway, the flight attendants were correct and the passenger should not get much sympathy.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
She should have paid attention when they said "we'll be landing in a few minutes, this is a good time to go to the rest room". They do it on every flight I'm on. Even during a rough ride the captain will often turn off the seat belt sign for a few minutes to allow this.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Decades ago, I was on a flight in China where someone in the window seat passed an airsick bag filled with his urine in to the FA when they were doing the pre-landing pickup of remaining service items.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by madein808
United can't seem to catch a break
More like United management in 2012-2016 created the worst major airline, one designed to pray upon its passengers, all part of doing what the stock analysts wanted and "running United like a business". The bad Karma created by 5 years of sticking it to passengers has finally caught up with United, and after Dao anything bad about United is news.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
She chose to urinate in a cup.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly18725
It sounds like she wanted to use the lav after landing but before the aircraft was parked at the gate.

If the airplane was on a taxiway, the flight attendants were correct and the passenger should not get much sympathy.
You're kidding right? They give your Mom a paper cup and tell her to lift her skirt and pee in front of the other two people in her row....and you got nothing to say except "Good job!"
'kay....
Old May 10, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Well, she could've done like the guy on DL who just went ahead and used the lav, and then got kicked off the flight. Of course in her case, since it was the end of her flight, it wouldn't have caused the same problems that it did for the DL guy.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by wrp96
Well, she could've done like the guy on DL who just went ahead and used the lav, and then got kicked off the flight. Of course in her case, since it was the end of her flight, it wouldn't have caused the same problems that it did for the DL guy.
Well I think the problem would be worse?
Old May 10, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
United has Passenger Arrested for Using Lavatory...
Nope. The arrogant and nasty attitude of UA FA's - infamous and notorious even among infrequent flyers because you really only have to take two flights to see it in action - is the problem.
As Munoz admitted it was corporate policy to encourage strict adherence to rules written in offices instead of using simple common sense and human decency on an airplane.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Funny! Something similar got discussed in the FT "News" section:

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/i-...n-the-job.html
Old May 10, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rickg523
You're kidding right? They give your Mom a paper cup and tell her to lift her skirt and pee in front of the other two people in her row....and you got nothing to say except "Good job!"
'kay....
My Mom is an adult.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by spin88
...the worst major airline, one designed to pray upon its passengers....
Amen
Old May 10, 2017, 12:10 pm

Unless this woman had never been on an airplane before, she should realize that conditions are not always ideal and she should plan ahead and by that I'd suggest wearing an adult
incontinence undergarment. There are so many times when lavatories are not able to be accessed (turbulence, etc.) that I don't sympathize with someone who does not plan ahead
and then demands exceptions to safety policies.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
She chose to urinate in a cup.
It was that or pee on the seat. She also reports the FAs shamed her for her bladder-control problem, which I have no trouble imagining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.