FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2017, 9:06 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Why would anyone EVER think that faux wood looked good in the first place?
Lol. It was there to match the suite surface areas. Clearly the decision makers thought that wood was classy or "luxurious." It often does add a classy touch when used in trim (such as luxury car interiors), or in the right color/design combinations (Cathay's new F class lounge designs and styling, and even some of the LUS clubs). I think we can all agree that the bulkheads looked awful. Sooooo typical from the HP team, though. Surprisingly, I really like how the new grey seat covers combine with the remaining navy trim in the suites and on the seat walls/dividers. Very happy that they kept fabric seat covers, rather than going with leather, like the Delta One seat.

Some thoughts and musings...
Honestly, I think these cabins and the product still look great. I still remember when these planes first started flying in early 2010 with the suites. When you were in them, at least for a few hours, you could forget you were on US. For those who don't know or remember, US planned for the suite to be delivered on the plane, but even THEN, the manufacturer had production issues (the same manufacturer whose delays have plagued the 772 CIP program), which forced the first few 332s to enter service with the old Envoy loungers (the same ones that were very recently removed from the LUS TATL 757s). US had a bunch of them sitting around after the HP team came in and removed the 12 seats in the mini J cabin behind doors 2L/2R in 2007 or so, reducing them to a 6F/24J config (with all seats provided the business class soft product, of course).

Last edited by GotCalcio4; May 10, 2017 at 9:29 pm