FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old May 10, 2017, 12:24 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Hey, it's not promoting it because...ummm...because...he said so? Weird. There isn't anything inherently wrong per se with a comp'ed review, though one tends to view them a bit skeptically...so why go to such contortions to try and claim "this hotel review isn't a hotel review but a tour"..."I just wanted you to be aware of the route", etc? It's BS on its face so why bother pretending? Whole thing is so silly.
It really is silly. Why go out of your way to say that the intention of the company was to give you a free product to in order for you to promote it and then say that you didn't accept the ticket(s) in order to promote the product?

When Daniel takes these free comps he states that he's not giving a review...

This post is not a review, but simply showcases...

All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been paid to say or publish anything about the resort.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a showcase should lack the expressed opinions of the author.

I think Daniel has been sucked into the influencer model from Instagram/Twitter/YouTube. Not something I want to see on a travel blog. He should go write for Brian Kelly.