FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A380: seating Q&A
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2017, 3:35 am
remdk

Originally Posted by Doccykins
Hi Team,

I'm flying LHR-DOH-BKK and back at the start of July in Y and now have A380s all the way except the last leg (788 for my sins) - Am currently in the throne seat 68D for the first legs and 26J for DOH-BKK. Can anyone recommend if the upper deck is worth sacrificing the bonus legroom? Am 6'6" so normally the extra legroom overrides but have heard that QR reserve the upper deck Y cabin for elites and it's less of a cattle market. Otherwise will see how I fare on the outbound and change the return to the upper deck if I find it preferable (and report back )

Cheers!
Doccykins welcome to the QR forum.

Unless the lower deck is completely full you need to have status (PC Gold or Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald or pay the full Y fare and, depending upon loading, sometimes PC Silver) to be seated on the upper deck.

If you do not have status and there is room on the lower deck you will be moved to the lower deck inspite of your seat reservation 26J.

Upper deck has fewer seats (2-4-2 as opposed to 3-4-3 on the lower deck) and it is said by some greater legroom and is much quieter and more ambient than lower deck.