FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2017, 1:33 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just finished a seven night stay. One night paid at flash sale rate, five nights on points, then one more night paid at flash sale rate.

I really liked the hotel. I'm a Dimond member, on arrival they told me I had been "upgraded" to an executive floor room (30th floor) but that was a little disappointing because I have lounge access already.

I thought the room was quite nice and large by Japanese standards, separate shower, small separate sitting area.

Ate breakfast in Marble Lounge on ground floor a few times. It gets very crowded. Check in agent said something about second floor breakfast but I thought that was Japanese breakfast and I wasn't interested. I think she advised me to make a reservation in advance if I was planning on eating breakfast there.

I thought the hotel is very well located with great access to the Oedo and Marunouchi subway lines. I used the underpass a few times but I think it's longer walking through the underpass to the subway stations than staying about ground. You can also walk all the way to Shinjuku Station staying underground, I did this by first following signs to Tochomae subway station and then once you get there, you will see signs to walk to Shinjuku station. I don't know if that's the fastest way. It took 15 minutes.

Getting TO the hotel using the underpasses is a little trickier as the route is not as well marked. I remember seeing something at each subway station saying to use exit C8 but I never found it. I guess from Shinjuku Station you use the JR West exit and maybe then follow signs to Tochomae station and then to Hilton? I'm not sure.

Whenever I got sort of lost I would follow signs in stations or on the street in the direction of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

I've never seen so many airline flight crews in a hotel. That's not a bad thing, it's just an observation, the place is crawling with airline staff.

I used the airport limousine bus to return to Narita and I think that was a mistake. First, it costs 3100 yen. Second, it takes 2+ hours. Hilton is the first pick up spot and then the bus spends about 40 minutes driving around Shinjuku picking up people at other hotels before it finally heads to the airport. I was flying out of Terminal 3 and of course the bus stops first at Terminal 2 and then twice at Terminal 1.

We left Hilton at 9:40 a.m. and I got into the airport at 11:50 a.m. with just a minute or two to spare before the check in closed for my flight. This was with no traffic - the online bus timetable actually says it takes 2 hours and forty minutes from Hilton to Terminal 3.

Next time I would just take the train to Narita.