FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAA Chennai question
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 8:12 pm
quarryking

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LSunbury
If I can add a couple of my own questions to this...

Arriving 0330 on BA departing 0935 on Sri Lankan.

Is there a transfer facility or would we need to exit and return? If the former are the overnight facilities airside good and would there be any lounge open and accessible to us (OneWorld Emerald)? If the latter we would have to wait a few hours outside for check in to open?

On the return we are looking at arriving 2000 on Sri Lankan and departing on BA at 0530.

Thanks for any advice and insight.
I'm presuming your on 2 separate tickets.

There is no transfer facility that would facilitate the transfer from the BA flight to Sri Lankan one. You'd have to exit and re enter the Intl. terminal (which would also mean having a multiple entry Indian visa, as you mention the same routine would apply on your return as well)

As far as lounges go, the way i see it, you'd have to wait for a little bit until the Sri Lankan counter opens for check in at 06.35 hrs. You could attempt entering the airport a little earlier than that as well. All the lounges are post check-in, immigration & security.

On your return your wait seems to be much longer. An option is checking into one of the hotels near the airport. Sure would beat hanging around at the airport till 05.30 hrs.

Hope this helps...