FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry: Should I apply? [Middle East work/travel history]
Old May 8, 2017, 5:38 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by viajero1
Thanks. I looked at the thread and see that someone was denied for having spent a lot of time in the ME. If denied, is there any chance that my future travel (exit/entry) could be affected, i.e. that I could be placed on some sort of watch list, detained for questioning etc? There would be no rational reason for such action but I have heard all sorts of stories that I have begun to feel concerned.
Your seem to be assuming that DHS will learn something about you that would cause you to be on a watch list. Remember that they already have a list of places you've visited on prior trips. Is there some other information you think might turn up on deeper investigation?

ETA: My response presumes you're a US citizen. If you're not, they might not be aware of all of the places you've traveled in recent years -- I'm not familiar with the kinds of info requested for visas to reside in the US. What nationality are you?