FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account weirdness today
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2017, 11:03 am
admanUF

Programs: DL-PLT, HH Diamond, Hertz#1Gold, Amex (Reserve) (SM-Plat) (HH Surpass)
What the ??...

Been a couple years actually since I've been here, had to stop flying regularly due to several circumstances that I don't need to bore you with.

But firing up the email this morning brought an email from Delta with the existing on making Platinum salutation, and I was all like, What the...??

After logging into my Delta account and not able to figure anything out, I figured I needed to head to the horses's mouth and find out what the experts here had to say. Figured it just couldn't be me and sure enough you folks are all over it.

I had not looked far enough down my activity list to see that they indeed posted two Reserve 15,000 mile MQM deposits and a redeposit of roll-overs and there you go, Platinum.

I have enough Delta cards for my business that I always maintain a Gold level through spending, and don't worry I'm not taking anyone's well-deserved upgrades as I am just not flying but maybe once a year currently.

My current roll-over balance has not changed from prior to this so have not had that problem yet that I see some of you have had. existing, I don't fly so I don't need the upgrade certificates, so I went ahead and choose the 20,000 miles as my one Choice Benefit and I'll wait to see where the dust settles like the rest of you are.

Thanks once again for being a great group that keeps me informed when the need arises, and best of luck to all in this time of computer shenanigans!

Sorry! New Info...

Logged out of my Delta account and then went back in to see if I had missed anything else about benefits in getting the Platinum Upgrade (did get four more drink coupons!) and my current MQM balance has now increased to the new roll-over figure they posted this morning which increased my existing total by 15,000 MQM's.

So for anyone keeping track: I have the Reserve and met the spending limits to get both 15,000 bonuses and did apply them to my account. So was Gold, Now Platinum with an extra 15,000 MQM's in the the account.

Last edited by admanUF; May 7, 2017 at 11:27 am Reason: New Info