FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Pixel just died...
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2017, 11:38 am
Oreto

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Is your Pixel model even in stock? I'm waiting for the Pixel 2 myself as the Pixel is still commanding a 'new model' premium yet Google has already announced updates are done next year. See https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en

If you haven't already contacted Google, you may be able to get a free replacement Nexus as they are several models with the bootloop of death flaw.
Normally, I'd agree with you but to be fair to Google, they only guarantee 2 years of Android system updates but could offer more than that.

I have a Nexus 6 and am on Nougat even though my device is over 2-years-old. If I would have had to, I'd flash Nougat onto my device using XDA sources. Like others, I refrain from purchasing new devices if my current device is still serviceable and the "upgrades" with the new device are not worth it. I'm still with the Nexus 6 because of wireless charging, quick charging, and dual front-facing speakers. That combo is hard to come by.

I seriously doubt that I'll get Android O with this device so I'll be looking for a replacement between now and 12 months which, hopefully, will not require me to use one of those hideous wireless charging adapters.