FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 3 lounge options
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2017, 2:37 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DUT
Question:

We are arriving BA F from Seattle and connecting same day to Prague BA CE @ T3. We are traveling on Alaska Air awards tickets.

Will we be able to access CX F Lounge?

I ask because we did the same a couple years ago and we were only allowed access to the old J Lounge (before remodel). Agent did not allow us access to First Lounge even though we arrived on BA F. I'm assuming this was a one off and we should be allowed access... Any recent F access denial experiences?

now, all I need to do is decide if I want to use BA Arrivals Lounge or use flight connections and head straight to CX ft shower, etc....

Thanks all...DUT
Yes, oneworld rules clearly state you would have access to any of the three oneworld F lounges in T3 on the basis of your inbound F flight - keep the bp as you may need t show it.

Oneworld rules here https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.