FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 3 lounge options
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2017, 12:52 pm
Howard Long

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
The CX F is definitely my favourite for dining, one of the best dining experiences of any lounge anywhere, including the CCR. However, that bar is pretty low, I've yet to set foot in an airline lounge where I would willingly pay for the privilege of dining as I would in a normal restaurant.

The asparagus on the CX F lounge menu at the moment is especially good, properly blanched and still crunchy, not at all your overcooked wilting nonsense, so someone in the kitchen definitely cares which is more than can be said for most lounges. The burger is OK, but if the "truffle chips" served with it had seen any truffle, I'm a monkey's uncle, and they weren't seasoned either.

The CX J lounge has a proper bar with stools, an ambience I think I would prefer if in an imbibing mood, and they'll mix you a cocktail, although I've yet to experience it myself in that lounge: sometimes cocktail mixing in an airline like lounge is a bit of a journey into the unknown, as I have found to my cost in the Malaysian F lounge in T4. If it's any gauge, the CX Wing F and particularly Pier F lounges in HKG definitely know how to mix a decent cocktail.

Last edited by Howard Long; May 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm