FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt Needs Your Help
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2017, 8:39 pm
SF1K

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by austin_modern
*hug* sorry.

IMHO, its a group of individuals who were picked at random out of whatever analytics bin they were doing across this geography. I fully expect more of these in the future in other cities (NYC, SF, Chitown, etc). And yes - they're offering a reasonable amount of money for someone to spend 2 hours of their time w/ them. This isnt free 10 dollar amazon GC.

No, I'm not. I'm looking for more datapoints. The butthurt started well prior to their annual earnings announcement on here.

I still feel strongly that hyatts going to do just fine even though there are a number of people who are pissed at the program. Personally, this is a hohum devaluation. Its nothing nearly as stressful as full revenue based moves the airlines have been going towards. Although, its becoming clear from the initial leanings that they're starting in that direction at Hyatt. Even the promo is basically revenue based.
In a way Hotel programs have been revenue based much longer than airline programs. After all No matter which program you look at you earn x points per dollar spent. Not a fixed number of points per night. The only thing that they don't have is a minimum spend for status.