FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 54 cancelled. Eu261 question on an ex-EU flight
Old May 3, 2017, 2:58 am
stewaran

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by sstolp
That's exactly what I DON'T want them to do. Since I've missed my meeting in Amsterdam anyway, there is no point in me going until I've managed to reschedule which wouldn't be for at least 2 weeks. If they change it to a lhr flight, my suitcase will go all the way through and I'll be forced to Amsterdam.

At this point, I just want them to get me to London in the next 24 hrs and cancel the onward flight. At the moment I'm still in Jnb with no news as to when the flight will leave, not any other kind of information, like 'do I check out of the hotel at some point?'

It really has been poorly handled. At no point have I seen a single member of the Ba staff since leaving the aircraft. Not even any documentation from BA (the last time this happened, everyone was given a letter explaining what would happen before we left the baggage claim). And it took 3 hours after leaving the plane to check-in to the hotel, so I didn't get into my room until 2am.
If you can in these circumstances arranging your own hotel/transport will be much faster, And in the one instance i did it was refunded without any problems. (I booked a sensibly priced hotel, and one taxi fare). I was in bed hours before my fellow pax.

Have you asked BA to re-route you on other airlines? (worth having your desired choice in hand before you call)