FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 3 weeks in Hawaii too much?
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:35 pm
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by ANK25057
I just returned from 3 weeks in Kaua'i. I've spent quite a bit of time on every island.

I adore Kau'ai (and returning again soon) but around the 2.5 weeks mark, I start to get island fever and want to go home. I start finding myself driving around the island in circles. Hearing the same songs on the radio, everyone driving 30mph and slow pace starts to wear on me.

3 weeks is lovely, but one of you may get island fever. I personally would only do 2 islands in 3 weeks.

I'm a business owner and the "hang ten" / aloha spirit is amazing for a few weeks, then I need to return to the mainland, hustle and bustle, tall buildings and seasons. I am ready to go.

Hawaii is a like a long-term romance, you have to find what works for you and it takes a few trips before you find your fit.
I could easily get up and make breakfast, eat on the lanai, then sit by the pool under an umbrella all day and read and occasionally get wet, go in at the end of the day and shower, have a Mai tai, go to dinner, go to bed, and do it all again the next day for three weeks.

Since we have a rental condo, there are usually errands and projects, so it never happens that way, but it could!