FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:19 pm
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
Just went through myself. The Premium entrance filtered into a section where there was only one lane open.
The delays were at the tray loading point, because everyone seemed to have 4 trays' worth of stuff, and those loading at the positions nearest the scanner were getting frustrated that theirs didn't fit because it was chock full.
This happens at LHR too, but there are fewer entry points (4 vs. 6 perhaps?), plus the staff at LGW seemed to struggle a bit more. Plus it was a bit more of a holidaymaker vibe.
If 2 lanes had been open life would've been a lot easier - I'll optimistically assume they opened another one soon after!
This!

It was utter chaos - a woman shouting that 'they are feeding too many people into this lane' another yelling to hold trays yet did nothing about it. I stood patiently waiting, as directed, until a certain tray had past so that the chap furthest away from the scanner could get his stuff through. When the requisite tray past, I pushed my tray on but then just happened to see that it was pushed back out but the security man. If I had not noticed I would still be waiting, as a lady was when I got to the other side. No warning, no nothing - it was just shoved back onto the metal part. The staff were bolshy, not cooperative and were willing to push a tray back off the belt and leave it there while the owner walked through the scanner (said lady) and she stood waiting for a tray that was never coming! I pointed out that the tray did not belong to any of us and the security lady said 'oh well it can just sit there'!!!!!

The staff were rude and quite frankly bloody useless - plus more lanes should have been open so that the fast track did not continuously feed in so that 'normal' track never got a chance!

Horrid experience.

aks120