FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA offloads couple at Portuguese military base over business class row [LGW-KIN]
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:43 am
PeacefulWaters
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I'm a traveller with cancer. Funnily enough I wrote about feeling "a sense of entitlement" because of the illness.

While there's not a chance of me crossing the line into a higher class of travel I "sort of" get the mindset that could expect it. I certainly don't defend it though.

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.c...f-entitlement/

For me, sitting down is uncomfortable. The bone damage I've suffered means two hours sat make it painful to stand up again and it takes more than a moment to get to my feet as my spine doesn't support in the way it used to. Moving about on short haul flights with trolleys permanently on the move isn't really convenient. I'd have thought it to be much easier on a long haul 777. For me the guy was out of order even wandering into business class. He didn't have to.

I've got flights to Boston, Santiago and Sydney lined up. I've blown the kids' inheritance on better seating. It's strange how the drive to accrue Avios still exists and continues despite a terminal diagnosis after you've made the decision to blow them all on transatlantic first class.