FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 70 minute layover in MAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:15 am
Aliquot

Originally Posted by KingBraden
I can just imagine OP strolling to the gate 45 minutes after the flight takes off...

"Sorry, I would have been here but I refuse to run, I am unwilling to ask for direction, I require a one hour lunch break, and I saw some duty free items I HAD to have" in which case they will probably still put him on the next available flight.

To answer the OPs actual question. You will probably be ok when you decided to do as little as possible to make this work.
I wouldn't rely on this unless someone can come up with a written policy. I have no experience with DL in MAD specifically, but I have had an airline check with immigration to verify wait times when I missed a connection once because of unusually slow immigration lines.

I have also seen someone denied rebooking in the MEM hub because they missed a 1.5 hr connection when the incoming flight arrived 15 min early.
​​​​​
70 min is plenty of time... I would look up the MCT and try to miss if a delay cuts the connection down to the MCT or below, then you shouldn't have any problems, even if you could have made the connection.window.post_1493392560143_2 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}window.post_1493392563610_15 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}