FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 70 minute layover in MAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:05 am
KingBraden

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by rylan
Well it sounds like you're looking for a reason to miss your flight. If it is delayed and you legitimately miss it, then you'll be taken care of. But if it arrives in plenty of time and other pax make it but you are the last one to arrive, then there could be an issue since it may seem obvious and not Delta's fault.

In a misconnect event, they will try to rebook/reroute you to get you home the same day. If there are no options left for that day, then it would be the next day.

I can just imagine OP strolling to the gate 45 minutes after the flight takes off...

"Sorry, I would have been here but I refuse to run, I am unwilling to ask for direction, I require a one hour lunch break, and I saw some duty free items I HAD to have" in which case they will probably still put him on the next available flight.

To answer the OPs actual question. You will probably be ok when you decided to do as little as possible to make this work.

Edit: I should add that you are really gambling on two things 1. The next days flight has availability and 2 they don't reroute you or put you on UX.

Last edited by KingBraden; Apr 28, 2017 at 9:12 am