FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long layover in BKK, what's TG policy on hotel and luggage?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:02 am
arquin

Programs: OZ,DL,KE
Originally Posted by vbroucek
IMHO, and I'd be happy to be corrected:
Re 1: STPC is usually given if the long connection in unavoidable and basically forced on you by the schedules. If in C or F, you might have chance, in whY I don't think so. I am guessing that you are trying to do ICN-BKK-ZRH on TG657 and TG970 which I can see as being sold with layover of 23h 55min, but it is NOT the only available (and not even the cheapest)... So, it is your choice and I think you are trying to maximise and I do not think you will get STPC from TG...
Re 2 & 3: I do not know enough to answer or even speculate on this... But I would not leave my luggage at BKK airport for such a long time...
Almost correct; I'm trying ICN-BKK-ARN on TG657 and TG960 which is what the system gave me as cheapest in Y with exactly 24h layover. I need to fly with heavy luggage this time so TGs 30kg policy fits me as well. Looking at the schedule, I could probably catch later flights from ICN to lessen this gap but not at that price. Ah well, I guess I'll find a cheap hotel nearby. Still wondering about leaving luggage in BKK though... the airport security/efficiency is that bad?