FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major United Policy Changes Announced
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:12 pm
euslaner

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
2. Provide adequate staffing when flights get cancelled or diverted. Why do I keep seeing long lines whenever I walk by a rebooking counter late in the evening? This reflects staffing costs as being more important than making customers wait for hours...

4. Stop your employees from palming off anyone who comes for help. Gate agent to rebooking counter. Rebooking counter to call the 800 number so and so forth.
A recent flight DCA-ORD was delayed, others canceled. I got rebooked (alas without a seat so I wound up in the last row of Y middle seat) by calling the 1K line. Others stood in line with one GA repeatedly announcing that she has no time to rebook any one (20 minutes on this one so passengers stood there helpless as this GA did nothing). Only one GA for 4 flights and this GA told passengers to go back out of security and wait on line to be rebooked.

My return flight 2 days later was delayed by 30 minutes. You only knew this if you looked at the UA app.

Is there not a better way to handle this? The clear impression is that UA did not give a damn about its passengers.