FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA offloads couple at Portuguese military base over business class row [LGW-KIN]
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:11 am
WorldLux

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by chazman189
Given their heavy bias against BA, I'm not surprised how they turn the narrative.

Unfortunately for BA, an worryingly large crowd reads DM and doesn't question their credibility for even a second. And reading through the comment section, I get the sense that DM readers generally don't have a clue what's going on.

Originally Posted by chazman189
Shows how poor the BA press office is that they haven't even given an off the record briefing to journalists about this.
If BA is sensible, they spend the last couple of hours evaluating the situation before making any incorrect statement.

Even the narrative of the DM isn't exactly putting the passenger in good light. "The cancer sufferer claims he wanted to move to first class to stretch his legs" still indicates IMO that the passenger wanted to self-upgrade and the CC didn't play ball.

I find the article of the DM rather contradicting. Either the passenger didn't wanted an upgrade and the crew would've told him to get back to Y, which would've been the end of it OR IMO more likely, the passenger walked into C, sat down on an empty seat and stayed there. After refusing to move, they moved him.

This would explain the following statement by BA (also in the article):

'We take great care to handle these difficult situations as sensitively as possible. Our cabin crew and one of our pilots repeatedly asked a customer to return to his booked seat in economy after he sat in our business class cabin without permission.

'He repeatedly refused, verbally abused crew members and disturbed other customers.

BTW: Anywhere care to explain why the DM thinks that LON-KIN is a 14H flight? Have they replaced the GE90s by PW150s?