FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:18 pm
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by asdf916
Total Hyatt newbie questions about club lounge access awards ahead:

1) What exactly is the lounge access for? I’ve read something about people getting room upgrades with redemptions of their awards….unless I completely misunderstood.

2) Is each of the 4 passes good for 4 reservations? Or is it per person? Per night? For example, say I have 3 guests on the reservation for a stay at the Hyatt Centric French Quarter next month for a 5 night stay. Will one pass grant access for all 3 guests to the lounge for all 5 nights?

3) Does the Hyatt Centric French Quarter even have a lounge?
1) The club is an exclusive area that typically serves continental breakfast, usually with 1 or 2 hot items, snacks in the afternoon, and hor devours in the evening. Some clubs have free beer & wine. All have free drinks, sodas, juice, coffee. If travelling with family, this is a great way to cut down on food costs. To get access to the lounge you must 1) booked a club room, 2) used an upgrade, or 3) be a Globalist that always gets access. (This hasn't changed right?)

2) The pass is attached to the reservation, not per person. However, I believe that they are now limiting it to 2 adult, 2 children. I will note though that not all clubs have someone at the door to check but that doesn't mean to abuse the perk.

3) I'm not sure that the Hyatt Centric French Quarter has a club though. To verify, you want to look at the room types at the hotel. If they don't have club rooms, you can't just about guarantee that they don't have a club. Also look at descriptions of clubs. Some are closed on weekends or during certain times of the year.