FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baby Stroller Incident on AA591 SFO>DFW April 21st
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:33 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, telling the other FA that you want to make a complaint is likely to get you thrown off the flight. In fact, you can be kicked off by crew even if they think/believe/fear that you might file a complaint or if they remember you from some earlier flight where a complaint was made.

FAs tend to protect their own. They will not tell you their colleagues' (first) names when you ask, no matter how justified. GAs behave the same way even when they obviously think that their colleague is seriously wrong.
This is where, as much as I'm not a big fan of it, Twitter it can be very useful both sending notes to AA about good and bad crews. In the past several months I've twice sent mid-flight DMs to AA on twitter to commend outstanding crews, one FA on JFK-LAX in F was particularly amazing and I had just got off an EY Apartments flight after spending a month in Asia so the bar was high! In the case of the good ones you typically have no issue getting their name as they tend to he announce it on the PA and actually wear a name tag. Once I used Twitter to complain about a crappy FA but in today's environment where bad FAs purposefully hide their badges its safe to assume that most crew members know when you ask for their name if you're doing so because you are planning on sending in a positive review or if you are doing so because you intend to complain (they cannot be so obtuse to not know when they are performing poorly). If its a bad FA asking before landing is probably not a good idea, but often one can give a reasonable description based on cabin, sex, race, hair color etc such that it would be possible to identify the FA without the confrontation - though if you do go for a name I'd do it on the way out the door and not a second sooner.