FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:22 pm
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Have you been in the SEN lounge in T2?

It leaves BA lounges standing as does the Business Lounge.
Yes I have! Very good it is too. But if time permits, why even bother with that when you can have far better cocktails than the CCR in the UA lounge? The list is very extensive and its only a Business lounge and I think even a short-haul Business BP will get you access. Have you seen the showers? .

My point was that the SEN lounges in general are not particularly good when it comes to food, drinks can be better, for example FRA and MUC have SEN lounges with staffed bars to make cocktails and very good coffee (really good IMO for lounge) even fresh OJ...yes can you believe that. Not some pasteurised crap from Brakes but real OJ squeezed before your eyes. BA pax would fall down in shock at the notion.

BA was better, indeed it was much better but one has to go back before the slop trays and the stodge fest that fills the chillers of the F lounge.

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Before the changes of catering, I would somewhat agree (Although on some points like legroom LH and OS are betters). Now I disagree LH and OS are better in all aspects, including the lounges, seating (on 2*2 planes like Embraer, you have a free seat on LH, not on BA LCY), food, service.
Exactly- except breakfast. But thats a unique UK thing where you can get a huge breakfast from some pub chain for £3.99, the point being breakfast meats are very cheap.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Euh??? The catering I am getting on OS C in particular is very good. LH is average but better than BA on similar routes.
Precisely. And while this is the CE thread remember you can order a Do&Co Schnitzel down the back to enjoy with your complimentary snack and beer. But then Do&Co is hardly exceptional as all LOT's lounges & meals are catered by them.