FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:17 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
Interesting comments.

I obviously have no precise intelligence on actual figures, but the more photos I see of these 'new' CE meal offerings, the more I wonder just how hard BA have pushed their food suppliers on costs.

Most of the food looks reasonably ok if the aim is to purely fill a gap (let's just make sure we give them something to eat .....), but much of it seems to lack imagination or interest. That's fine for an economy cabin on s/h sectors ; but IMO very little of what has been pictured & reported recently projects any kind of premium impression.

Where there are accompanying garnishings / side dishes, the main driver appears to be to keep portion size to the bare minimum. Viz post #758 above, where there looks to be just half of a cherry tomato provided - presumably on the grounds that a whole cherry tomato would be way over budget .....
Of course all meals are costed, but in this sense its definitely a pejorative term and anyone with a brain can see there are significant savings of old vs new, even starting domestic CE is a matter of cost. Before every pax would get a full HBK and three different types were loaded (full English, vegetarian and continental) now its only available in the CE cabin but its basically a plated version of the previous free one down the back which is not new and has been the case with the CE breakfast for a long time. The night stop hot breakfasts seem to be particularly bad.

On short-haul is there really a single carrier from LHR who have an inferior onboard Business Class offering to BA? Perhaps SN.

It's long being mentioned by myself and a few others how the F & J lounges at LHR are just a carb fest and a shadow of themselves going back to the earliest memories I have 2012 or whenever it was Diamond Club was taken away from us.