FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt Needs Your Help
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:06 pm
austin_modern

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by itsallgood
As is your usual style, you opted for insulting me ('tin foil hat') rather than engage in a discussion on the topic.
*hug* sorry.

A better question would be why Austin? Because the city matches the demographics that Hyatt is looking for. It's a tech oriented city with a fairly affluent younger population.

This is not a cheapie random marketing survey; a marketing company doesn't offer to go to individual houses and do one-on-one interviews and offer a reasonably large amount of cash to individuals in random surveys.
IMHO, its a group of individuals who were picked at random out of whatever analytics bin they were doing across this geography. I fully expect more of these in the future in other cities (NYC, SF, Chitown, etc). And yes - they're offering a reasonable amount of money for someone to spend 2 hours of their time w/ them. This isnt free 10 dollar amazon GC.

I see you're now hedging your previous REVPAR statement.
No, I'm not. I'm looking for more datapoints. The butthurt started well prior to their annual earnings announcement on here.

I still feel strongly that hyatts going to do just fine even though there are a number of people who are pissed at the program. Personally, this is a hohum devaluation. Its nothing nearly as stressful as full revenue based moves the airlines have been going towards. Although, its becoming clear from the initial leanings that they're starting in that direction at Hyatt. Even the promo is basically revenue based.