FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to start using the FA call button. Why not?!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:57 pm
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Ruh roh, let me clarify a bit here.

I see how you guys (Carlos and Jon) can read my post that way. It's definitely not how I meant it. I don't intend to accuse anybody of being rude or provoking an FA. Certainly some of the behavior described in this thread is eyebrow-raising; an FA claiming the button is only for emergencies strikes me as pretty darn far out of line.

What I'm really trying to get across is simply that being as sweet as you can be to FAs (and all other service professionals!) tends to minimize if not eliminate that sort of problem. Should they be rude and/or unhelpful to people who are behaving neither rudely nor purposefully-sweet? No! Does it still help to be purposefully sweet? I think so.

Does that clear it up? I want to be really direct here that I absolutely don't accuse OP or any other posters in this thread of bad actions.

Last edited by HLCinCOU; Apr 23, 2017 at 8:28 pm Reason: Realized it was Carlos, not Carl. Sorry about that.