FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to start using the FA call button. Why not?!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:45 pm
carlosdca

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
This thread seems crazy to me, in a way that's kind of characteristic of FT discussions involving FAs. I guess it's probably just a long-tail thing (i.e. we only hear the stories that are wild anomalies, because who tells a story about things being normal) but it seems like folks here have a level of friction with FAs that I can't even imagine.

I press the call button if I would like anything from an FA and it's not convenient to get up and ask. So far 100% of the time that's worked out just fine. Of course I also smile at them and thank them for coming by, and ask politely for whatever it is while saying "you know, no hurry, just when you have a sec." I also try not to hassle them when they're involved in other things. But none of this is strategy (or frankly even tactics). It's just what I would do anyway because, as my grandmother said regularly: "it doesn't cost anything to be nice."

Tangentially related, I always seem to get excellent service from bartenders. This is not that complicated.
You don't say it, but are you implying that the anecdotal bad experiences from some around here are the result of them being rude and having an issue with FAs?

Typical flyertalk

Oh right, you are just saying that you are nice and polite and (probably "therefore") have never encountered appalling service from AA FAs...got that!