FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to start using the FA call button. Why not?!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:37 pm
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
This thread seems crazy to me, in a way that's kind of characteristic of FT discussions involving FAs. I guess it's probably just a long-tail thing (i.e. we only hear the stories that are wild anomalies, because who tells a story about things being normal) but it seems like folks here have a level of friction with FAs that I can't even imagine.

I press the call button if I would like anything from an FA and it's not convenient to get up and ask. So far 100% of the time that's worked out just fine. Of course I also smile at them and thank them for coming by, and ask politely for whatever it is while saying "you know, no hurry, just when you have a sec." I also try not to hassle them when they're involved in other things. But none of this is strategy (or frankly even tactics). It's just what I would do anyway because, as my grandmother said regularly: "it doesn't cost anything to be nice."

Tangentially related, I always seem to get excellent service from bartenders. This is not that complicated.