FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:29 am
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pt flyer
I have to agree that the Club at Seattle is a great alternative. The location may not be as convenient, but it's service more than makes up for that.
Huh? Yes, a bag of chips and a room where I was hunting for a plug for my laptop like I'd hunt for an easter egg was so much fun....

It's a garbage lounge and IMO its only plus side is the fact that it isn't crowded. I wondered there out of curiosity last time I was at SEA and was almost happy to be kicked out at 5:30 pm or whatever their closing time is and headed over to the Amex Lounge, while getting denied entry to the AS lounge along the way.

It'll be disappointing if AS drops out of Priority Pass, but not surprising. They should owe loyalty first to the paying Boardroom members, and who knows the impacts of the impending AS/DL divorce (still bitter... ), In the US Priority Pass is really a way for lounges to make some cash when they don't have active flights, but clearly that doesn't work for airlines that have flights all day, hence why US dropped out after the AA merger.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Apr 23, 2017 at 12:34 am