FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:22 am
philthegreek

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by ph-ndr

On the other hand, as for QR, the moment their marketing people start calling it a three star airline I will adjust my expectations to that level. Right now I've following their lead on this being a five star operation.

-A

My main problem apart from the EC compensation (see up-thread) was the fact that in LHR the Check-in supervisor and the Ticket desk Manager told me the Entebbe flight would be held but in the unlikely event it was not, I would be routed on the flight to Nairobi and then to Entebbe arriving about three hours late. My gut reaction was to insist on a reroute from LHR but these two senior staff were adamant that everything would work well. I believe that I was deliberately lied to just to get me on the plane and out of their sphere of responsibility.

Of course it didn't work as they insisted it would. All Doha were originally offering was a 24 hour delay until the following day which would have got me in hours after I was meant to make the keynote speech at a conference. It was only through my insistence that they do something that I even got a different offer.

I shall remember the souk analogy if ever travelling on QR again.
Certainly the BAEC comments built up expectations that were not reached.