FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:43 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CDG 2E-L concourse lounge closed for renovation

CDG 2E - L concourse lounge is closed for renovation since 20/04 and until 15 JAN 2018. We can guess it is a real renovation !!
This time, no temporary lounge, but customers flying from L will be able to use K and M lounges, with the following rules announced by AF:
- if you are on one of the flights departing 2E but with a check-in in 2F, you go to M lounge and there is a special airside shuttle at gates M21/M23 to bring you to L.
- if you check-in in 2E, you go to K lounge, and there is a special airside shuttle at gates K25/K26 to bring you to L.
Impacted customers will receive an e-mail 24hrs before their flight informing them of L lounge being closed.

AF has also released a leaflet with a map and a list of flights corresponding to the 2 categories described above. But it is rather confusing and incomplete, as for the 2nd category, they list only flights departing in the last bank (23:00- 23:30). And no partners flights are listed (DL, VN, CZ, MU, etc).

One question that will come quickly is "do we have to follow those rules if we leave from L, i.e. can we go to M lounge even if we are supposed to go to the K one?" I don't know for sure, but I would tend to say yes, as this "if your check-in-in is in 2F rule" makes no sense for connecting pax.

It is of course a good news that they are renovating this lounge, but I am worrying for the K and M lounge experience, knowing how crowded the 3 lounges can be every day, especially in the morning and until 2 pm. I think I will appreciate my "Ultimate corner"...
Please report experiences here for accessing one or the other lounge. Good luck
Attached Images     

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 22, 2017 at 2:14 am