FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:59 am
ph-ndr

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by obduro
Blimey, that is an awful experience. What steps have they taken to sort it?

...was the F upgrade worth it at least?!
They did sort the F-mess in Doha, but with me having an unforseen delay with net 500 USD out of pocket (1 day hotel at destination paid and not used, one night in Doha on my expense).

Seeing I still have no luggage, I don't see getting 6 hours of F as worth compared to just doing it all in business. Factor the money and inconvenience into it and I'm likely to say I will just save the money and hassle and let the QCredits expire. My experience with QRPC thus far is 50-50 in terms of what goes well and what ends up in a involuntary safari, based on 5 years as a platinum member.

For me wether or not I drink Krug, or how nice the F cabin is, is not really a huge point. I might as well just let the QCredits lapse (my travel pattern makes them unusable for me for anything else).

All in all, the whole way the culture in Doha works, with everything being a negotioation, and seeing how willing people are to pass the buck, the time spent chasing an organisation that is more focused on bling than getting basic processes to work, I see extremely low value in being a platinum, as it is at the end of the day either time and/or money out of my side of the equation.

All I want now is my luggage so I can settle in and get my work done.

-A

Last edited by ph-ndr; Apr 21, 2017 at 3:04 am Reason: Edit for clarity and speeeling.