FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Premier level, 2016-present
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:41 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wuhaoyebill
I have a question about the qualification of platinum premier status.
Last year, I change my account to ritz-carton rewards program, the total night account is 150 (paid, promotion, redeem). The total consumption is approximately $120k USD. However, I am unable to be recognized as a platinum premier member.
So, I do really want to know about the qualification criterial for platinum premier status.
It's been stated that MR assigns PP status to the "top 3% of members". They do not state if that is based upon nights, spend, number of MR execs you know, or what. So there is no sense in trying to cross a threshold to get it. If the person behind you does one more whatever, you lose. I was lucky enough to get it for the last year they offered 10% restaurant discount and had no clue what I did differently than the year before or the year after to change things.

Just consider it to be the brass ring at the merry-go-round and if you get it enjoy the measly benefit while you can. DO NOT spend an extra dime with MR to try to qualify.