FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay-with-Points flights. BUSINESS Centurion 50% refund, Plat 35%, Gold 25% (2015-23)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:51 am
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR
Angry

Originally Posted by DaveH
I am seeing odd MR behavior in the last week.

Bought two tickets on April 15 on AS (my designated airline for the Business and the Personal platinum card) using personal platinum and paying with points. As of today, April 19, the point rebate has yet to post back. I took this up with chat, and they responded with:

"Effective April 11, we have updated the Airline Bonus Benefit to ensure that only elligible transactions are bonused. All bonus points will now be awarded and posted within 10 weeks after the filght redemption in order for the elligibility to be verified and the bonus points to be deposited."

Are others seeing this new lag? I'm guessing it was caused by people paying with points, then cancelling the flights so as to treat the credit as cash...

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?
Yes, experienced the same behavior this week. Purchased a ticket on 4/16. In the past, 50% rebate has posted within 24 hours. As in your case, rebate has still not posted. Called and received the same canned response about April 11 protocol change and the 10 weeks timeframe. I have both the Personal Platinum and the Biz Plat cards, but paid with the Biz Platinum Card.

Last edited by foo; Apr 19, 2017 at 11:57 am Reason: Updated information