FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC power unit out of gas
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:47 pm
AFW

AC power unit out of gas

Last Wednesday I was on a flight from Orlando to Atlanta that was delayed about 5 hours because of the weather stop in Atlanta. After about 5 or 6 of us had boarded, the captain came out of the cockpit and said something to the FA's. The FA's then stopped people boarding. The captain then came into the cabin and announced that the power unit for the outside AC unit had run out of gas and that he was stopping boarding so that the additional bodies would not be heating up the cabin even more. He was very apologetic (and seemed to be a little embarrassed that someone would let the unit run out of gas). I jokingly asked how many Sky Miles we would get. He remarked that I should write Delta just so someone in operations would have a record of the gas situation. Boarding started again about 15-20 minutes later, so it was not a very long delay.

I wrote Delta, mentioning the delay and the AC power unit. However, I emphasized that the primary purpose of my email was to commend the captain for the action he took and for letting the passengers know what was happening. (I had gotten his name and employee number.)

I just received a phone call from Delta, apologizing for the delay and the AC problem and thanking me for my comments about the captain. She also said that she was depositing 10,000 Sky Miles into my account.