FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MGallery L'Echiquier Opera Paris - Great Paris Hotel
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:12 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Many thanks for your review, citygourmande. Having 'only' seen suites myself, it's good to know that rooms in other categories (such as you and gav0106 stayed in) are also very impressive.

Originally Posted by citygourmande
he only thing I really didn't like was the location.
Obviously personal preferences play a large part here but we didn't feel unsafe or uncomfortable in this area, including late at night. There are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance, ranging from simple to Michelin starred, and everything from Montmartre down to the Île de la Cité is also walkable for most people. Apart from arriving and leaving, we didn't use a single bus, train or taxi during our two recent two-night stays.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Clarins or not, I feel those dispenser-holders to be very out of place in a "by Sofitel" property.
I know what you mean, but I disagree and wish that more hotels would follow this example. Tiny plastic bottles are fiddly and wasteful. Of course, dispensers need to be kept completely clean and free of grime -- which the MGallery L'Echiquier does.